I've been a bit out of the loop these past few weeks due to some personal issues, so I am just catching up.
I must say that I have a whole new understanding of what the faculty I support go through when trying to use a new technology.
This podcasting activity took me about 5 hours. Recording, and editing each recording took about 2 hrs. I had difficulty getting the LAME program to work with Audacity so I finally gave up and had to save my audio files as WAVE files which of course, PodBean doesn't support. I then had to find a program that was free and friendly enough to allow me to convert the files to MP3 format. I found a program called OSS Audio Converter that I must say, was very easy to use, and I was able to convert the files fairly quickly.
I then uploaded them to Podbean and forgot to publish them. Merely uploading is not enough!!! Of course I didn't realize this until I was busy trying to add the feed to my blog. I had to go back, publish the files and bla bla bla....
Two hours later, and I'm finally finished! Did I mention that I lost internet connectivity about 3 times during this process, twice while I was uploading my files to Podbean!
I call myself an "advanced" user of technology. I've been in the field for 20 years. Which means in order for me to still be in the game, I've had to keep up with every advance in instructional technology. If it took me 5 hrs to complete this assignment, I can't imagine how long it took someone who's skills aren't as "advanced" as mine. Perhaps my skills aren't as "advanced" as I thought. Bummer...... Click here to listen to my podcasts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment